Friday, August 24, 2007

Haynes's believe-it-or-not

True or false, you decide.

First person to guess all the right answers wins a signed copy of Hal Spacejock (1, 2 or 3 - your choice.) Just leave your guess in the comments.

1. I never cracked open a Terry Pratchett book until after I'd written the second Hal Spacejock novel, in 2003.

2. I've only seen two episodes of Red Dwarf.

3. I watched the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy TV series in the mid-80's, and haven't seen it since.

4. I've yet to read Hitchhiker's Guide books 4 or 5.

5. I haven't opened a HHG book since the late 80's.

6. I first read the Dirk Gently books in 2007.

7. I haven't seen the original Star Wars films for at least 15 years.

8. I own several of the Stainless Steel Rat books, but haven't read any of them.

9. I own many of the Bill the Galactic Hero books, but haven't even finished the first.

10. I've never finished a Ron Goulart book.

11. I first watched Firefly in November 2006.

12. I saw my first episode of Buffy in December 2006.

13. I still haven't seen any episodes of Angel.

14. I haven't seen a single episode of Star Trek Next Gen (or anything ST since the original series.)

15. I still haven't seen a Star Trek movie more recent than II

16. I have never seen an episode of Babylon 5, Stargate, Alias, Millenium or Heroes.

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

3 comments:

M@ said...

My guess: all are true!

WordVixen said...

My guess is all true- except for #4, because that would be just wrong. (also taking notes on other interesting books listed)

Anonymous said...

1. True
2. False. Not possible! Red Dwarf is addictive.
3. False, I reckom you've got the boxed set!
4. True. You've got the boxed set!!
5. False.
6. False, I think you read it before then.
7. False
8. True
9. True
10. False
11. True. That's too specific to be false.
12. False.
13. False.
14. True. Have you seen "How William Shatner Changed the World"?
15. True.
16. Oh no! That's got to be false! You must have seen Stargate or Heroes!!! Millenium???(What's that? Random... you must have seen it)