Monday, December 08, 2008

2008 Aurealis Award Finalists

The 2008 Aurealis Awards finalists have just been announced, and Hal Spacejock 4: No Free Lunch is one of the five shortlisted SF novels:

• K A Bedford, Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait, Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing
• Marianne de Pierres, Chaos Space, Book Two of the Sentients of Orion, Orbit
• Simon Haynes, Hal Spacejock: No Free Lunch, Fremantle Press
• Kim Westwood, The Daughters of Moab, HarperVoyager
• Sean Williams, Earth Ascendant, Astropolis Book Two, Orbit

Winners will be announced at the Aurealis Awards ceremony at the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts in Brisbane on Saturday 24 January 2009.

Full details here, including the complete list of finalists in all categories.

(I don't expect to win but I'm very happy to be a finalist. The Aurealis Awards mean a lot to me.)

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

1 comment:

KenP said...

To think I knew him when he was just a dumb programmer.

Wow, am I overly impressed with myself.