Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I'm taking a really quick break from tidying and cleaning to type this, so forgive my brevity. I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

We're expecting 20 guests for Christmas lunch & dinner tomorrow, a family event we've hosted for the past 12 years or so. After the brain-straining NanoWrimo November my wife and I spend the whole of December attending to household repairs, painting, spring cleaning and so on. On balance, I think I prefer the writing ...

Now the turkey is ready, we have two full gas bottles for the BBQ, the veggies are all peeled/chopped/diced & sliced and the house looks as tidy as it did LAST December. (Better even. I finally hung some of the kids' artwork.)

Between Christmas and New Year it's my eldest daughter's 14th birthday, which seems to have been planned over two days this year, and after the New Year celebrations I'll be back to the writing.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys a very Messy Christmas, and I hope 2009 brings you much joy and happiness.

Cheers
Simon Haynes

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

1 comment:

J.J. Hebert said...

Merry Christmas!

[When you get a chance, please visit my blog and leave a comment: jjhebertblog.com.]