Monday, March 31, 2008

April Fools ... not

My faithful, reliable digital watch, which must be nearing its 20th year now, reliably and faithfully informed me this morning that today was April 1st.

I'd already spent 20-30 mins reading my favourite news sites, and I got this sudden aha! as I realised all the ludicrous junk I'd been reading was nothing more than elaborate April Fools gags.

So, I went back and re-read the stories, looking for 'Avril Premier' bylines, grinning to myself as I realised how I'd been taken in unawares.

I also implemented a few tweaks on the Hal Spacejock website, to confuse visitors. Some new images, a bit of code, upload the lot .. done.

Then I spotted the date in the corner of my screen. March 31. Oops.

I'm busy reverting the website and adjusting the watch as you read this ...

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

1 comment:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, my watch did the same, got one day ahead. I suppose it's because February had 29 days this year. I caught mine when I changed to daylight saving time.