Monday, August 21, 2006

Don't buy this book either ...

... and for twice as many reasons as last time. I was just looking at the Hal Spacejock listing on amazon.co.uk when I spotted the following entry amongst the third party sellers:





"Nice Book" it says. It'd want to be more than nice for almost four thousand Australian dollars. And I thought the copy listed on Amazon.com for US$1985.01 was overpriced.

Just wait until they list Hal Spacejock Second Course. You'll need the GDP of a small country to pick up a copy.




.

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

2 comments:

Bill Fullerton said...

Throw in some sales tax, or VAT as the case may be, plus shipping and handling, title, insurance, and prep fees and odds are that'd work out to over two grand American.

I'm proud to have my poor, pitiful blog linked to that of a writer who churns out books with a two thousand dollar price tag. :)

Jean said...

I'm always puzzled when I see those obviously out of whack prices on the used book pages.

Did you sign this and leave important genetic material enclosed or something?

And I concur, for that price, it would have to be one fantabulous book.