Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I like my publisher ...

Fremantle Press is a great publisher for many reasons, and this is just one of them: For some time now I've had the first chapters of all three Hal Spacejock books online as free samples, but I just got permission to put the first five chapters of Hal 1 up. All it took was a quick phone call, and off we go. They're happy to leave it in my hands, and I'm happy to oblige.

I've just got the minor matter of writing a chunk of Hal 4 to deal with - now - but right after that I'll get a new section of the Hal Spacejock website set up to handle the 57 pages of freebie goodness. (The entire book is 350, so you're getting a decent chunk.)

The reason for five chapters? The first chapter doesn't contain any Clunk, and it's the Hal vs Clunk sections which make the entire series. Hal without Clunk is like a bookstore without Harry Potter.

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

No comments: