Friday, March 13, 2009

Flycon 2009

Pinched from Chris Dolley's blog because I'm up to my elbows in floor tile adhesive...

FlyCon – the worldwide online SF/F con – starts today at midnight (Australia, EST) and 9am (US Eastern Time) and finishes at 5pm Monday in Australia and around midnight the day before in San Francisco. Panels and author chats are running continuously plus there’s a dealer’s room and a masquerade (photos on Flickr)

All in all it's everything you get at a con but without the hotel bill, the registration fees, the travel, the delays and the cold that follows you home.

Authors attending include Geoff Ryman, Kate Elliot, Sherwood Smith, Karen Miller, Roberta Gellis, Alma Alexander, Devon Monk, Marie Brennan, Sarah Zettel, Jennifer Fallon, Chaz Brenchley, Jack Dann, Sara Douglass, Jeri Smith-Ready, Lisa Mantchev, Simon Haynes, Pati Nagle, Dave Freer and SC Butler.

The schedule is here and I have a panel at 9am EST if you want to come and heckle. (That's 7am my time - talk about dedication to the cause, especially on a weekend ...)

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My oh my you are dedicated. That's an ungodly hour of the morning... let alone having to battle the floor tile glue !

Thanks for posting this info, and I am hoping there might be transcripts available for writers like me that don't cope well with daylight :)