Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Milestones

There are several special moments in a writer's life: your first story sale, finishing a first draft, getting an agent or securing a publishing contract, handing in a final manuscript and many others.

One of them is receiving an advance copy of your novel in the mail.

Today I opened the door and found a small parcel on the mat. Inside I found not just an advance copy of Hal 3, but also the reprinted edition of Hal 1. Two new books! Bargain!

So, off to the scanner I went:



Hal 3 front and back


Hal 3 spine




Hal 3 reviews pages




Hal 3 dedication



Now, onto Hal Spacejock:

Hal 1 front and back


Hal 1 spine




Hal 1 reviews pages




Can I just say that Fremantle Arts Centre Press have done a stunning job? They're an amazing, dedicated bunch of people and I'd love the Hal Spacejock books to do really well just to reward them for taking a risk on me. They deserve no less than a worldwide bestselling series followed by a string of blockbuster movies.

Edit: I just checked the last few pages of Hal 1 and the publisher has inserted ads for Hal 2 and 3. The Hal 2 page starts with 'But wait, there's more ...' and Hal 3 says 'And that's not all ...' Lovely ;-)



Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

9 comments:

Fahim said...

The covers look great Simon :) Heck, I'm a fan of the original Hal 1 cover and still, I find myself liking the new one :p

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon.... Congrats on your new book. My brother and I, like yourself(from the UK but now living in Perth)are looking forward to the book... so hurry up, I need a Hal fix.

Keep it chugin!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, the books look great.

Took you up on the word war thing. My Nanwrimo ID 174708. Bit worried I might be in for beating!

Added you to my blogroll too.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Simon! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having to get a pace on with my Nano because I might have to do some in-house work on a website next week, so ideally I'd like to be at 50k by Tuesday... Are you up for the challenge?

Anonymous said...

Gratz, Simon! After working with electrons for so long, it really is a good feeling to see the book with Real Covers And Everything. Treat yourself to something nice -- you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon

Thanks for dropping by my blog and congratulations on your new book.

Glenda Larke said...

Love it, Simon! And you know my Mum used to volunteer at the Freo Arts Press? (She lived in Fremantle for the last 20 or so years of her life)...

Marvellous to see what can be done by dedicated folk who believe in something.

Anonymous said...

Hooray - Hal rides again! (Pillion behind Clunk, of course - I don't think Hal could steer a scooter any better than he does a space ship.)

Congrats, Simon:-)