Friday, July 20, 2012

Get writing

You've probably noticed this blog can be a little ... sporadic. Over the years I've blogged about every aspect of the writing process, but after publishing seven or eight novels there's not a whole lot of new stuff I can say about it. ('Put your bum in a chair and start typing' sums it up.) So, during the writing of a novel I don't tend to post to the blog very much.

It's only after each novel is complete, when the dust settles, that I look around and make observations on the state of publishing, self-pub, ebooks, and so on. That part is changing all the time, and timely info is useful. For example, five years ago hardly any (non-US) writers had heard of ITINs and EINs, but these useful numbers have become a hot topic over the past year or so.

To rewind a sec, when I'm flat out writing I don't write lengthy blog posts. What I do, quite a lot, is post to twitter and my facebook author page. Those are the best places to keep up with me during the writing process.

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

No comments: