Monday, October 20, 2008

Nano '08

I worked my way through the Hal 5 plot over the weekend, and managed to escape without changing more than 95% of it. This was prompted by the ever-closer NanoWrimo 2008, which starts in just over 10 days.

I didn't quite get yWriter 5 ready for this year's NanoWrimo, but yWriter 4 looks like it's popular enough already:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3027032

I'll be using yWriter 5 myself during November, ready or not, and will use NanoWrimo '08 to write a large chunk of Hal 5 and also debug yW5 at the same time. (No coding allowed until after the daily wordcount is complete, of course. That's my reward #1. Reward #2 is GTAIV PC, which is coming out mid-November.)

Anyone else participating in NanoWrimo? If so, feel free to add me as a writing buddy/contact/virtual punchbag/word war opponent:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/84789

See you on the 1st!

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

1 comment:

WordVixen said...

I still have you on my buddy list from last year. :-)

As much as I love YWriter, I'm probably doing this one on Open Office since I fully intend to be as stupid as possible. I'm starting out at Rabbitania, and hoping to end at Serial Scrubbers. And, on a dare from a Twitter friend- strong overtones of trashy romance. And Service Manuels. (Poorly edited spam faxes make great NaNo fodder)